Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3.10.09

the month is really flying by, but i am okay with that.

so usually, when i try to search for shows or performances that i would loke to see, none of the artists that really spark my interest or attention are playing in my area.  until yesterday, and i found these four great performances...

india.arie

my mom first introduced me to her and she honestly does not get enough recognition.  her songs and the delivery of them is nothing short of amazing.  one of my favorite's is 'brown skin' but she has a new album out, and i would strongly recommend it.

seal



so at this point, i am pretty sure my parents have some of the best music taste known to man.  my dad introduced me to seal in grammar school and i have been hooked ever since.  i have never heard a voice like his and it is breathtaking.  he is timeless.  there is something so attractive about him.  and i also love that he is married to heidi klum and has these beautiful children.  one of my favorite's by seal is 'lost my faith'.

bloc party



it is rare to find an album that you can play in its entirety without skipping or even having the urge to skip over a song.  if you haven't found an album like that, listen to bloc party.  i think i found them at the beginning of high school.  they are getting a bit more mainstream, but i do not think they get enough recognition either.  check out 'this modern love' - it would be worth your time.

last but not least...

the killers


one of the most annoying things about music today is that a large chunk of it all sounds the same.  the killers are the exception.  they have this distinct sound and the originality is what makes me love them.  in addition to that, their videos are mindblowing.  

finding out about these artists in addition to a few others that i have chose not to profile pretty much made my week.

good day all.


No comments:

Post a Comment