Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1.12.10

being that it is january, i often hear people talk about making new year resolutions. the most common ones i hear as a female college student are studying more, drinking less, letting go of relationships that are not healthy, exercising and prioritizing. this all sounds good, but there is one thing i do not like about resolutions - they do not seem to last. by the beginning of february, it seems like most people slip back into the same old routine that they were in before. so this year, i did not make any resolutions. i just decided that i would try and live my life as a good person (which i already do) and continue to make good decisions.
i then decided that since i have no resolutions, i would instead, turn over a new leaf. by turning over a new leaf, i mean eliminating anything in my life that is not good like myself. by good, i do not mean perfect, i just mean i cannot take care of my friends or make people into things that they are not. this may mean that i have less friends to choose from - it also means that the quality of my friends will improve.
i am at a place in my life where it is okay to be selfish. by selfish, i do not mean not considering other people, it just means that i will put myself first and make sure that i am happy. i cannot bring happiness to others if i am not happy myself. my idea of turning over a new leaf means that i will be spending more time on me: getting to know me better, loving me more, exploring me to the fullest, pushing myself to the limit, simply enjoying me, myself & i.
it is january 12, 2010 and i am turning over a new leaf - try it.

1 comment: